Facebook Page AM/XF

Facebook Asian American News

Yahoo AM/WF XXX

Tinder

Relationship Advice

Moderators: Prince of Asia, ea_admin

Re: Tinder

Postby miikey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:45 am

you guys have anymore updates regarding your tinder experiences?
miikey

Postby Prince of Asia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Honestly, I haven't had much luck. The girls either don't reply to me, or they are only looking for a future husband - no sex before wedding ring type of deal. Since the majority of my matches are Asian women I've recently downloaded and tried a similar Chinese dating app called "Tan Tan" where it's mostly Asian women. I haven't gotten any serious responses on Tan Tan, but it seems their dating pool is not that large, it's probably because they're a new app, however it feels like the majority of the girls profiles are bots :(
Prince of Asia

Postby Kuya » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:00 pm

I haven't used Tinder since the winter, had some health issues this year and just focused on other more important things. I do plan to get back on it once things settle down for me. It's actually a good app to use to kill time when your bored, or just waiting around somewhere.

Interesting story though, my friend (Asian Canadian dude) was in Singapore for a couple weeks and got like 86 matches in the first couple days, I think over 150 matches altogether lol
Kuya

Postby miikey » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:37 am

[quote="Prince of Asia"]Honestly, I haven't had much luck. The girls either don't reply to me, or they are only looking for a future husband - no sex before wedding ring type of deal. Since the majority of my matches are Asian women I've recently downloaded and tried a similar Chinese dating app called "Tan Tan" where it's mostly Asian women. I haven't gotten any serious responses on Tan Tan, but it seems their dating pool is not that large, it's probably because they're a new app, however it feels like the majority of the girls profiles are bots :([/quote]

I'm curious about TanTan. I heard it's for Asians and your success would better in Asia. Any luck using it in America?
miikey

Postby Prince of Asia » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:11 am

No, I've given up using Tan Tan, even though my match rate was like 75% on that app. Unfortunately, the vast majority of users are in China and nowhere else. Many profiles seem fake, ripped off of social media sites or Anime cosplay models. A few of them are good looking and seem real, but they live in Mainland China. Some do travel to the US occasionally for school, business, or work. Many are just looking for friends or someone to talk to when they get bored.
Most of the Chinese women have limited English skills, and I don't speak much Mandarin. Plus, a long distance "Pen pal" relationship is not easy to maintain. Takes a lot of time and texting. Not much opportunity to connect in person.

You can give it a try if you want. But I'm going to stick with dating in the US for now.
Prince of Asia

Postby Kuya » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:47 pm

There's another app called East Meets East which is for Asians living in North America. Thing that sucks is if someone messages you, you can't message them back until you pay for the premium membership. I paid for the 3 day unlimited trial, but just not sure this is something I'd pay for per month. I think it's $10 per month for the premium membership.

Tinder on the other hand is still free (though you can pay for an upgrade and get unlimited Likes to use) and I still go on it from time to time when I'm bored. It's basically something you can just use for fun, as a supplement, or when your bored but I definitely wouldn't pay for it or put much stock in it to meet a gf (if that's what your looking for). There's a bunch of other apps popping up too (Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel) which my friend says are much better but I haven't tried those so can't comment on them.

And word of advice, if there's a girl that catches your eye and you guys match, don't hesitate to message her right away! I haven't had much success with Tinder but here and there you will get a match which really catches your eye. For me this particular girl super liked me and we had a lot of things in common based on her write up, but I thought I would play it cool and wait a few days before I message her. Wrong move, as she unmatched me after a couple days. Meh, lesson learned though.
Kuya

Previous

Return to Relationships and Dating